Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Vacation

We're on the plane right now, so I'll publish this when I remember tomorrow. Our little trip was nice. Most definitely too short. We didn't get to spend nearly as much time with friends as we had hoped. Ninja was in a funk at the start of the trip and I was in a funk toward the end. Either way, the time with my mom was so needed. I really really miss her. I won't get to see her until she visits in July, so the wait is gonna be hard. 

We got to build a little table for her front porch. She wanted something to put her coffee on when she sits out in the morning. It was a fun little project. My niece helped me paint it. She's my moms little helper.

We didn't go overboard on food, well, Ninja did a bit, haha. I tried not to overindulge, and it worked. :)
I enjoyed whatever we ate, but I limited a lot. Took my before pictures yesterday for the 3/16 Fit Girls challenge. I even bought workout shorts specifically for them, but now I have something that I can work toward wearing for a jog in public. Some day. :)

I don't feel crazy excited or motivated, though. I'm sure it's because I have so many other feelings taking priority right now. Hoping that changes as soon as we get back into routine at home. I'm sure it will. 
I need to work at taking more food pictures during the challenge and putting forth effort to make them look pretty. So that's my little personal challenge, too. I also haven't made my goal heart yet. Maybe I can do it at work tomorrow. I keep wanting to buy jeans or a dress or something to work toward getting into, but I also don't want to aim toward conforming to a specific piece of clothing. Not sure if that makes any sense. I'd rather get to a point where I'm proud of my progress, and then reward myself and go out and buy something that fits me in that moment. Otherwise, I feel like I'd be disappointed if I do a couple rounds of the challenge and still not see the progress I envisioned at the moment of purchasing said clothing. So I shall decide on my reward when the time comes! I'll just call it my surprise. :)

I'm glad so many of my friends are trying to be health/fitness conscious too. It helps a ton. 

Well, I guess that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the buying clothes thing! I'd rather reward myself with a massage or something when I do hit my specific goal. Just wanted to say I couldn't tell you aren't motivated....you seem pretty to be doing really good in that area! I need some of that to rub off on me this week lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well good! Hopefully that means it's becoming my attitude. Try to remember that there is always a healthier choice. So even if you're cooking a meal for them or going out to eat, you can always make a healthier choice. IF you do indulge in something not so healthy, just limit yourself to a few bites of it. Always try to drink a glass of water before meals, tho. Really helps me when I'm craving something.

      Delete