Friday, February 20, 2015

Semi Impending Doom

So I've been crazy busy the last few days cleaning the house and doing laundry and getting our rooms ready so with that came being really tired and having no time to work out. I hadn't worked out for 2 days and here I was going on 3. (Side note:I've been fighting off a cold for a week.) Well, last night, even after tons of cleaning and laundry and making dinner, I got my butt to work out at 11pm. I always keep that rule in mind: Never go 3 days without working out. Wellll let me tell ya why, even after not working out for 2 days, last night was ROUGH. Here I thought I was doing so well with my thigh/butt muscle gain...ha! I felt it, guys...pretty bad. But! I did it, finished, and felt great after.

Now, here is why there may be impending doom upon me: my family is coming to visit this weekend. My mom, sister, aunt, and 2 friends are flying in this evening and I'm not sure how well I will fare.
Hubby eats to live, he doesn't enjoy it like I do, so I don't get to enjoy my food WITH someone. But my family, we love it, together. Not to mention my mom is the Yoda of cooking. Yeah, I went there.
Now here's the deal, I could take my Phentermine, and I most likely won't over indulge. I just haven't decided if I want to or not. Plus! We already have reservations at the BEST place for brunch. Seriously, I mentioned the name of this restaurant at a party and the first thing someone said, "that bacon, though." Yeah. That bacon. It's got this red pepper honey glaze stickiness and is to die for. Did I mention this place is a buffet? 😔 Impending doom.

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to work out while they're here, either. Hopefully we do something active, like go for a bike ride or go ride horses. I'm really gonna do my best, guys. Really. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't want to lose sight of the big picture. I want to feel great and look how I feel! I can do that. I can.

Onto another subject! Brownies!...oh wait, that's still food. Well I mean, look at the name of my blog. Geez. So, ahem! Brownies! Hubby had a sweet tooth a couple nights ago, and I had been wanting to try out these black bean brownies, so I suggested brownies. Made them, and LOVED them, as did he. I was super surprised. He normally doesn't like anything that tastes "healthy". That's how yummy these were. They definitely don't taste or feel like normal brownies, but they're more fudgey. Mmm, and only 115 calories per serving. Holla! 

Click here for the recipe!

In closing, don't give up on brownies, just make better ones. ;)

Something for all of us to remember:

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel ya! I dropped the ball so hard this weekend. I feel so bad about it! Those brownies sound awesome tho, I'll be making those for sure. You can do this! We will both do great this week I KNOW IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't want to fall back into bad habits. Let's make all this worth it!

      Delete